Sunday, April 2, 2017

Editing

       Now that I have finally filmed, editing needed to begin. I have asked my friend Chloe to help me with this aspect of the project because I am still new to editing, while she has been editing for several  years. I am using the Adobe program Premier Pro to edit my footage. Most of my shots are easy to piece together, since I had a storyboard to ensure accurate continuity. I also used the plug in microphone, so the sound is loud enough, as far as dialogue goes. Sound effects were also made with the aid of the microphone (as I addressed in the previous post).
       Yesterday, I worked on editing for about six consecutive hours. In this time, I was able to pick out the specific clips I wanted to use, put them in consecutive order, cut them to the proper amount of visual time I want them to have, make the clips for the flashback scene black and white, add music to the flashback sequence, and begin imputing sound effects. I still have to clean up some clips, add more music and sound effects, put in the title and credits, and create the production company logos I want to show at the beginning. I am about 15 seconds under time, so I have the freedom to do so.
       For the music, I am using the website Incompetech. The website provides tracks with different moods, lengths, and genres in order to find a piece that works with whatever project you are conducting. The music is free, downloadable, and not copyrighted, as long as you credit the source. I will include a credit graphic for them in the opening. I have found the music I wish to use for the flashback, called "Greta Sting", and I am still searching for the song I would like to use for the rest of the production.
       It is so exciting to see the pieces of the project falling into place!

“Adobe Premiere Pro CC.” Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CC | Download Video Editing Software Free Trial, www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html. Accessed 2 Apr. 2017.

“Incompetech Music Search.” Incompetech, incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/music.html. Accessed 2 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection!

        Since this is the post containing my Creative Critical Reflection, I would like to take this time to reflect. I can hardly believe...