Thursday, March 30, 2017

A New Plan

        We met with groups again, and I got some helpful pointers. One of the reasons I am feeling overwhelmed is because I am trying to film too much. I need to cut down on what I want to show. So, I am starting to go back to my original idea, in which I imply that fighting has been going on for a while by playing fighting noises over the production company credit roll, then show a little bit of fighting, play the flashback, and then have the quick stabbing sequence, show Mariel looking at the notebook, and, finally, show the title. I have made a storyboard, which I will post later, that clearly outlines what I want to accomplish. Oh, and I won’t be filming at night.
        I will be filming today, and I will be editing tomorrow and over the weekend. I will have to use extreme focus and put in a lot of consecutive hours; but, I have enlisted the help of a friend who has been editing for around three years and can show me tricks to edit efficiently (which I will definitely post about). This way, I can begin my CCR sooner as well, and hopefully when I intended to in my original outline calendar.
        I can say with confidence that I have learned from this experience. Always plan to the max: don't skimp on the storyboard, and don’t try to film anything you have never attempted before (such as a night scene) without extensive trial and error. For big projects with limited time, it is beneficial to stick with what you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection!

        Since this is the post containing my Creative Critical Reflection, I would like to take this time to reflect. I can hardly believe...