Wednesday, March 15, 2017

An Idea Strikes!

At last, I have come up with a direction to steer into for the opening. Today’s post is going to be rather minimal, since I am still allowing this idea to form completely, but I wanted to document my first thoughts.
As I discussed previously, I want to create an action based production with a female lead. I decided I want to make her a teenage girl, who is on a quest to save her little brother, who was taken from her a few years prior to the story taking place. I want to create mystery and establish conflict in the opening sequence of the film.
Initially, I am imagining opening with a black screen, and noises of conflict are heard. When images flick onto the screen, a man will fall to the floor, insinuating he has been knocked out. The protagonist will then reveal herself, disheveled and fatigued, trying to compose herself after the implied combat. She will then search the man, who has a notebook on his person. She will flip through the book, which has images upon images of children in it. She will suddenly stop and acknowledge a specific picture of a little boy. She may mutter words of excitement, such as “I found you,” or something of that nature. She will then mount a bike, maybe a motorcycle, and begin to drive away. She may have a bit of a monologue here to give the audience context. At the very end of it, the title will flash onto the screen.
Obviously, there are issues with things I have to change and elaborate on, and I have to work on specifics, such as my protagonist’s name, a filming location, and a storyboard. I will be doing all of that and extensive research over the next two days. Like I said before, I simply wanted to establish my first visions for the production.
                                           

“Imgur.com.” Imgur.com, i.imgur.com/WABDx.gif. Accessed 15 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection!

        Since this is the post containing my Creative Critical Reflection, I would like to take this time to reflect. I can hardly believe...